Hey everyone! Here’s a quick little post for the perfect after-dinner treat. It’s decadent, chocolately, frothy, creamy and rich. This hot chocolate also happens to be healthy, and can be enjoyed without using gross artificial sweeteners or refined sugars.
- 1 – 1.15 teaspoons of cacao
- 1-2 pitted medjool dates,depending on preferred sweetness
- 1 cup of plant-based milk
- Heat the milk until just hot
- Add milk, cacao powder and dates to the blender
- Blend until there are no date chunks
- Pour and serve!
The dates make this hot chocolate super thick and rich! Perfect for when you want a yummy treat after dinner that is also nourishing. I like to make mine with 1.5 teaspoons of cacao and 1 date, but it depends on how intense you like the sweetness or chocolates-ness.
Let me know if you try it out!